What are Fennel Seeds?
Fennel seeds are seeds of dried fennel herb. Used mostly in the Asian food recipes but can be used in various forms for better health. It looks similar to cumin seeds but are green in color. Let’s just jump into its benefits and how it can be consumed for good.
Benefits of Fennel Seeds
- Digestion: The seeds works superbly well for digestive issues relieving cramping and gas associated with indigestion.
- Helps with colic in infants.
- Increases breast milk production i.e., lactation.
- Oral health benefit: Removes bad breath by increase salivation which removes bacteria out of the oral cavity.
- Helps in treating oxidative stress responsible for hair fall.
- Contain high levels of selenium, which is known for its detox benefits for the liver.
- Provides relief from asthma due to its expectorant properties.
- Fennel seed oil when added to a carrier oil and massaging on the abdomen helps relieving gastric pressure.
How to consume fennel seeds
- Fennel tea: Crush it and add to your teas
- Chew them raw as a mouth freshener
- Add seeds to curries for flavor
- Soak fennel seed in water overnight and drink it in the morning
It’s Fetch is a community that provides a safe space for members to discuss health and wellness topics. We provide access to archived health related content, note the date of last review or update on all articles. No content shared, regardless of date should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinician. For questions on this article, please contact our team at email@example.com.
-Written by Sushmita Majumdar