Masturbation has been shown to have lots of benefits, yet a significantly lower percentage of women regularly masturbate as compared to men. Let’s get rid of the taboo and talk about the benefits of masturbation.
- It makes you happier by releasing endorphins, brain chemicals that improve the mood.
- It can improve your sex life by making you more familiar with your own body. Knowing what makes you tick can help you gain control over what works and what doesn’t.
- It helps you sleep since orgasming helps relieve physical and emotional tension.
- It helps release sexual tension.
- It can help with pain during menstruation. The uterine cramping stimulated by orgasming helps release menstrual blood and reduces menstrual cramping.
- There are no negative effects from regular masturbation.
It’s Fetch is a community that provides a safe space for members to discuss health and wellness topics. We provide access to archived health related content, note the date of last review or update on all articles. No content shared, regardless of date should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinician.
-Written by Paavana Varanasi