If you’re looking for a tasty way to incorporate chocolate and other healthy ingredients into your diet during perimenopause, here are some recipes to try:
Chocolate Nut Maca Smoothie
A chocolate maca smoothie may be the solution you’re looking for if you’re seeking for a delightful method to include chocolate and other nutritious ingredients in your diet while going through perimenopause. A root vegetable called maca is useful during perimenopause due to its reputation for regulating hormones. An easy recipe for a delectable chocolate maca smoothie is provided below:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: 1-2 dates or a drizzle of honey for sweetness
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until they are completely smooth.
Add more almond milk if the smoothie is too thick until you get the ideal consistency.
- Taste the smoothie and add more dates or honey if necessary to make it sweeter.
Pomegranate Dark Chocolate Bark
Another nutritious recipe to try is the pomegranate dark chocolate bark. Pomegranate seeds are rich in phytoestrogens, which might help balance hormones during perimenopause, while dark chocolate includes antioxidants that may help reduce inflammation.
8 oz. dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup chopped almonds
Pinch of sea salt
- Use parchment paper to cover a baking sheet.
- Stir the dark chocolate every 30 seconds when melting it in a double boiler or on low power in the microwave.
- Spread an even layer of the melted chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Over the melted chocolate, sprinkling the pomegranate seeds, chopped almonds, and sea salt.
- When the chocolate is solid, put the baking sheet in the refrigerator and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When the chocolate is solid, split it into little pieces and put them in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
It’s Fetch is a community that provides a safe space for members to discuss health and wellness topics. We provide access to archived health related content, note the date of last review or update on all articles. No content shared, regardless of date should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinician.
Written by Karen Manalac