Women may experience several symptoms during perimenopause. There are many ways to lower these symptoms. Drinking tea is one way that can help. There are five benefits of drinking green tea which are:
Benefits of Green Tea
- Reduces hot flashes: Hot flashes are one of the most common symptoms of perimenopause. Catechins are substances that can reduce hot flashes. This can help control body temperature and lower the amount and intensity of hot flashes.
- Improves sleep quality: Sleep troubles are another common perimenopause symptom. Lack of sleep quality can negatively affect the general wellbeing. L-theanine is substance in green tea. It helps with relaxing and better the quality of sleep.
- Improves mood: Mood swings and short temper are also symptoms of perimenopause. Both of which can be hard to control. Additionally, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is another substance in green tea. EGCG helps boost your mood and reduce stress.
- Supports bone health: Women are more likely to develop osteoporosis. It is a disorder that causes brittle, weak bones, during perimenopause. Flavonoids is a substance that helps increase bone density and lower the risk of osteoporosis.
- Includes antioxidants: Green tea includes antioxidants. These can help shield the body from harmful substances. These substances can harm cells and play a role in a number of illnesses, such as cancer and heart disease.
Green tea is simple to add into your everyday routine. There are many benefits to help during perimenopause. Simply make a cup or two of green tea every day and drink it hot or cold. You may also add other healthy items like honey or lemon. These healthy items can add more benefits to your health.
To sum up, drinking green tea can help control perimenopause symptoms and improve general health and wellbeing. Green tea can help women’s comfort and relaxation during this time of transition. It also helps lower hot flashes, improve sleep, elevate mood, promote bone health, and include antioxidants.
It’s Fetch is a community that provides a safe space for members to discuss health and wellness topics. We provide access to archived health related content, note the date of last review or update on all articles. No content shared, regardless of date should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinician.
Written by Karen Manalac