Written by Karen Manalac
5 Benefits of Almonds
- Hormonal Balance: With hormones changing during perimenopause, many women experience symptoms such as mood changes, sleep difficulties, and hot flashes. Almonds includes vitamins which helps with balancing hormones. They also include antioxidants that control estrogen levels and reduce pain.
- Nutritional: Not only are almonds packed with vitamins and antioxidants, they also are rich in fat and fiber. For instance, almonds include magnesium which helps support muscle function and bone health. Furthermore, substances in almonds help improve sleep and cramping.
- Heart Health: Overtime, as women experience perimenopause and menopause, they are at a higher risk of heart disease. There are fats in almonds that help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. In addition, they contain fiber that help support blood pressure levels.
- Brain Function and Mood: Two frequent symptoms of perimenopause are mood swings and cognitive problems. Almonds contain ingredients that help with brain health and reduce stress levels. They contain fats that are a great source to support your mental and emotional health.
- Weight Control: Another benefit of eating almonds is weight control. Almonds contain a blend of protein, fats, and fiber that can help regulate your appetite. Eating almonds as a snack is a helpful way to control your weight.
These are five benefits of almonds. There are many ways that almonds can help with symptoms of perimenopause. However, it is important to speak with your doctor for nutritional guidance.
It’s Fetch is a community that provides a safe space for members to discuss health and wellness topics. We provide access to archived health related content, note the date of last review or update on all articles. No content shared, regardless of date should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinician.