There are so many dishes you can cook to stay healthy especially during perimenopause. A perfect example is cooking fish which has many benefits. Eating healthy can help reduce the symptoms of perimenopause. Here are two fish recipes you need to try:
2 Fish Recipes
Tilapia and Lemon Sauce
- Combine 1/4 cup flour and salt in a small bowl. Dip fillets in the mixture.
- Cook the fillets. Fish fillets should be cooked in 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the fish just starts to flake with a fork.
- Melt in 2 teaspoons of butter in the same skillet. Add 1 tablespoon of flour and thoroughly incorporate it in the skillet.
- Then whisk in some broth, wine, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; simmer and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley and stir.
- You can serve rice with the fish sauce and top with nuts.
- In a large bowl, combine mango, avocado, onion, and lime juice. Add coriander, salt, and pepper for seasoning.
- Warm up a grill or griddle. Rub Cajun seasoning on the fish after drizzling a thin layer of oil over it. Cook the fish for four minutes. Use a spatula to carefully flip, then cook for another four minutes. Place the fish in a plate and put aside.
- Heat the tortillas for 1 to 2 minutes on the grill or for 1 minute in the microwave, wrapped in wet paper towels.
- Cut the fish into chunks.
- Divide the chunked fish among the tortillas that have just warmed up.
- Add the mango salsa and the cabbage on top. With the lime wedges, serve.
It’s Fetch is a community that provides a safe space for members to discuss health and wellness topics. We provide access to archived health related content, note the date of last review or update on all articles. No content shared, regardless of date should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinician.
Written by Karen Manalac