Written by Erin Dresser
How to Relieve Hot Flash Symptoms
While we can provide recipe ideas that include ingredients known for their potential to help with hot flashes during perimenopause, please remember that individual responses to these recipes may vary. It’s always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian for personalized advice. Below are 5 recipes to reduce hot flashes, incorporating ingredients that work well in managing hot flashes symptoms.
These 5 recipes for hot flash symptoms include ingredients that are believed to have potential benefits for managing hot flashes during perimenopause. While the scientific evidence varies in terms of their effectiveness, these ingredients have been traditionally used for their potential to provide relief or support hormonal balance:
Recipe 1: Cucumber and Yogurt Salad
- Cucumbers: Cucumbers are hydrating and have a cooling effect on the body, potentially helping to reduce body temperature and alleviate discomfort associated with hot flashes.
- Greek Yogurt: Probiotic-rich yogurt contains beneficial bacteria that may help support gut health, which in turn can influence hormonal balance.
Recipe 2: Tofu Stir-Fry
- Tofu: Tofu is a source of plant-based protein and contains compounds called phytoestrogens, which are naturally occurring plant compounds that can have estrogen-like effects. These effects may help modulate hormone fluctuations that contribute to hot flashes.
Recipe 3. Flaxseed and Berry Smoothie
- Flaxseed: Flaxseeds are a good source of lignans, plant compounds with potential estrogenic properties. Consuming flaxseeds may contribute to hormonal balance and potentially alleviate hot flashes.
4. Herbal Infusion: Sage and Lemon Balm Tea:
- Sage: Sage has been traditionally used to help reduce excessive sweating and hot flashes. Some compounds in sage may act as natural estrogen regulators.
- Lemon Balm: Lemon balm is believed to have calming properties that can help reduce stress and promote relaxation, potentially impacting hormonal balance.
5. Chia Seed Pudding with Almonds & Berries:
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which may support overall hormonal health. Additionally, their high fiber content can aid in digestion and help regulate blood sugar levels, potentially impacting hormone fluctuations.
- Almonds: Almonds are a source of healthy fats and vitamin E, which may support hormonal balance and overall well-being.
- Berries: Berries are rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals, which can contribute to overall health and potentially impact hormonal balance.
It’s important to note that the effects of these ingredients on hot flashes can vary from person to person, and scientific research on their effectiveness is ongoing. While these recipes incorporate ingredients that have been traditionally associated with benefits for hormonal balance and hot flashes, it’s always advisable to consult with a healthcare provider or registered dietitian for personalized advice and recommendations based on your specific needs and health profile.
t’s Fetch is a community that provides a safe space for members to discuss health and wellness topics. We provide access to archived health related content, note the date of last review or update on all articles. No content shared, regardless of date should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinician.